Can't Send Short Term Trips?
Tip #7 - Prepare for Relaunch
Big Picture: Your relaunch will communicate a lot to your audience.
Was it Ben Franklin that said, “Failure to plan is planning to fail.”? I’m not sure, but the quote is awesome! In many ways, this season has given us time to rethink many things about our mission programs. Regardless, you should be taking time this season to retool how you do things and how you’re going to relaunch. This is such a great time to rework so many of those things you haven’t gotten to but have wanted to for such a long time. Here are a few areas you might consider for assessment as you prepare for a relaunch.
- Participant Experience - what is the overall experience your participants have with your organization? How could it be improved? What’s missing?
- Partnership - how could you better your partnership with other organizations? What is missing? What could help set you both up for greater success?
- Application - how well built is your event application? Could it use a revision and critique?
- Team Leader Training - How well do you train your team leaders? How could you be training them this season?
- Trip Promotions - What materials do you have to promote your trips? What materials do you have to announce your relaunch (when it happens)?
- Team Preparation - How could you better your process for training trip participants? What could you learn in this season from your alumni?
- Communications - What does your overall communication strategy look like for participants? How could that be refined, rebuilt, and refocused?
- Automated Systems - What tools are you using to run your short term trips? Are they serving your needs? Could something do that better?
- Task Management - Have you mapped out all the tasks that go into managing a single short term trip into a standard process? Could this be streamlined?
- Post Trip Engagement - How do you engage people once they get back from a trip? How could you keep people engaged better?
Download the full FREE ebook Today